USB Oblivion 188.8.131.52
This utility designed to erase all traces of connected USB devices - flash-drives, disks and CD-ROMs from computer registry of Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (32/64-bit versions). The utility has a test mode of operation, i.e. without actually removing data from the registry, and, just in case, creates a .reg-file to undo any changes. There is also a fully automatic mode.
- -enable - Do real clean (simulation otherwise);
- -auto - Automatic run;
- -nosave - Don't save backup .reg-file;
- -save:filename - Save a registry backup to this file (default: save it to My Documents);
- -log:filename - Save working log to this file;
- -lang:XX - Use language XX (hex-code);
- -silent - Hidden mode (if possible);
- -norestorepoint - Don't create a System Restore Point;
- -? - Show this help.
- -lang:07 - German (by Kristine Baumgart)
- -lang:08 - Greek (by Geogeo)
- -lang:09 - English (by Nikolay Raspopov)
- -lang:0a - Spanish (by CesarRG)
- -lang:0c - French (by Miel, Mathieu Bergounioux)
- -lang:10 - Italian (by Marcello Gianola)
- -lang:12 - Korean (by 4Li)
- -lang:15 - Polish (by dmocha)
- -lang:16 - Brazilian Portuguese (by Paulo Guzmán)
- -lang:19 - Russian (by Nikolay Raspopov)
- -lang:1d - Swedish (by Ake Engelbrektson)
- -lang:1f - Turkish (by Murat)
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/8.1/2012/10 32/64-bit;
- About 3 MB of disk space. No installation needed;
- Administrative privileges.
More cleanup methods
Some traces can be left inside NTFS file system itself in form of "USN Journal" (Update Sequence Number Journal), or "Change Journal". It is possible to delete this journal by using standard Microsoft utility FSUTIL.EXE.
Caution: Deleting the journal impacts the Indexing Service, File Replication Service (FRS), Remote Installation Service (RIS), and Remote Storage, because it would require these services to perform a complete (and time-consuming) scan of the volume. This in turn negatively impacts FRS SYSVOL replication and replication between DFS link alternates while the volume is being rescanned.
Deleting or disabling an active journal is very time consuming, because the system must access all the records in the master file table (MFT) and set the last USN attribute to zero. This process can take several minutes, and can continue after the system restarts, if necessary. During this process, the change journal is not considered active, nor is it disabled. While the system is disabling the journal, it cannot be accessed, and all journal operations return errors. You should use extreme care when disabling an active journal, because it adversely affects other applications using the journal.
For example to clear disk "C:" journal you can use next command line:
fsutil usn deletejournal C:
To help in USB Oblivion translation you'll need to perform next steps:
- Download and install poEdit utility;
- Download USBOblivion.pot (translation template);
- Translate it by poEdit to your language;
- Save to file under name "USBOblivion32.exe.XX.po" or "USBOblivion64.exe.XX.po" near USBOblivion32.exe or USBOblivion64.exe correspondingly. Where "XX" is a 2- or 4-digit hexadecimal primary language identifier for example "09" - English, "19" - Russian, "07" - German, etc.
- Test it. Application loads translation according to the default Windows language. To select any other language you must specify a command-line option "-lang:XX" (without quotes) where XX is a hexadecimal language code.
- Send PO-file to me firstname.lastname@example.org please.
- English (built-in)
Translation for USB Oblivion provided by my "PO-Localization 184.108.40.206" library.
© Николай Распопов